Are You Ready For A Dog?
Dog ownership is a decision that brings many rewards with it. These can include a healthier lifestyle, improved sociability and sense of community, as well as companionship.
To ensure that you are able to enjoy these benefits it is essential that you ask yourself the following questions before getting a puppy or dog:
- Can I afford to have a dog? Ongoing expenses such as food, veterinary fees and canine insurance can cost roughly £25 a week.
- Can I make a lifelong commitment to a dog? A dog's average life span is 12 years.
- Is my home big enough to house a dog?
- Do I really want to exercise a dog every day?
- Will there be someone at home for a dog? Dogs get lonely just like humans.
- Will I find time to train, groom and generally care for a dog?
- Will I be able to answer YES to these questions every day of the year?
If you have answered 'NO' to any of the above, you should think again before getting a dog.